Whenever we experience any type of issues with ourselves or our children, our first reaction tends to be harsh judgment. This judgment can come in the form of negative words toward our children or negative self-talk.
Following this judgment comes the yelling, demands, and disrespect. And, this needs to stop.
To help show us the way, Mary Dravis-Parrish joins us to talk about her 3 Secrets to End Yelling, Demands, and Disrespect. Mary has over 25 years of experience working with kids and parents through education, speaking and coaching.
About Our Guest – Mary Dravis-Parrish
Author, Speaker and family facilitator, Mary Dravis-Parrish, is on a mission to invite parents to step out of the parent mold and into a new adventure in parenting.
Mary has over 25 years of experience working with kids and parents through education, speaking and coaching. Her own adventures in parenting have contributed to developing the Be You Parenting project which leads parents into being empowered to live fully and empower their children to do the same.
Her book Empowered Parents Empowering Kids, A Guide to Be You Parenting, offers simple tips and techniques for creating successful families.
Mary’s Shared Quote
Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Mary’s Advice For Parents
Practice the ABC approach on yourself. You can put sticky notes up on your mirror to remind you to acknowledge, ask questions, and make a choice.
And, don’t take anything personally from your children.
Mary’s Suggested Book(s)
Connect With Mary
- Website: www.beyouparenting.com
- Facebook: Be You Parenting
- LinkedIn: Enhanced Living
- Pinterest: Be You Parenting
- Mary’s Book:
Spread The Word
Want to Help Us Out?
- Rate and Review our Podcast on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- Leave a comment below (on the show notes page), and let us know what you think.
Connect With Us On Social Media
Books & Articles Discussed
- Empowered Parents Empowering Kids, A Guide to Be You Parenting by Mary Dravis-Parrish
- Possibilities In Parenting
- How to leave a rating and review on iTunes
- How to subscribe to The Timeless Family Podcast on iTunes